Saw Dust is Man Glitter
It’s time to celebrate DAD in all his manly glory! What do you get the rough & tough dude, happening hipster, food critic or nerd-tastic lad? Dive into the unique ideas below for some glitzy (ahem, dusty) Dad-worthy gifts.
1. Make your own toolbox. Grab a box, bucket or bag & fill it with his favorite soda or adult beverage, along with some snacks, TV remote batteries, shoe polish or whatever else you think Dad needs to survive this crazy world. You can even make labels with personalized sayings or his favorite sports team’s colors to show your resourceful side. For the Dads who run on caffeine, Starbucks has terrific mugs & cups, prepackaged blends & gift cards that will keep his energy flowing this Father’s Day; add in some classic Caramel Popcorn from The Fresh Market for the perfect treat!
2. Create a grill master basket. Spatulas, meat thermometers, oven mitts, blends & spices, aprons & more can be packaged and presented to your King of the Grill. What’s more, use a beverage ice bucket or cooler as packaging and no gift wrap is needed! Dick’s Sporting Goods is your one-stop-shop with a fold n go portable grill, NFL themed grill cover & an accessory tool kit amongst other options. Hand Dad the prize pack along with a customized apron and he’ll feel like he’s ruling over more than just dinner!
3. Indulge with some custom cookies. Yummy goodies are always appropriate and cookies can be decorated in any theme imaginable. Highlight a favorite hobby or interest like fishing, book reading or movies to show him that you truly know his personality. The team at Williams-Sonoma is trained in turning your vision into reality. Using fun colors and designs, you can transform a box of Dad’s favorite cookies into a memorable and delicious gift. How about musical instruments & notes for the artistically inclined, trophies for the ultimate winner or motorcycles for the biker in the family. No matter the design, the scrumptious delights are sure to leave Dad’s belly satisfied!
4. Purses are to women what shoes are to men. The more pairs of shoes a man has, the better. And fit is pretty standard when it comes to feet, so sneak into Dads closet to see what size he wears, then you’re off to the races (or at least the shoe store). Sneakers, flip flops or dress shoes – select a flair that fits his persona and add a pair of socks for some extra panache! Jos. A. Bank and Belk offers a premium selection of men’s apparel, accessories & shoes. Oxfords, sneakers & sandals, with options handcrafted in Italy or made in the USA, all make sensible gifts that Dad can use day in and day out. Stock Dad up with a pair of polka dot or argyle socks & he’ll think you’ve finally come to your senses with responsible gift giving!
5. Keep him moving. Stand up paddle boarding, boating, biking & the like, take Dad to the next level with items for the outdoors. Add sunglasses, koozies, hats or leashes for extra fun and – who knows – you may actually be able to teach him a thing or two this time around! Novice outdoorsmen would enjoy an inflatable paddle board or swim trunks while the more seasoned biker would relish in the idea of building his own custom bike; either way, Coastal Urge, Bike Cycles, Sunglass Hut and Eddie Bauer can help the outdoor enthusiast put their best foot forward this Father’s Day. And who knows, you might be able to school Dad for a change!
6. A bow for the beau. Help dad achieve a polished look with a shaving kit. Razors, shaving cream & aftershave are great examples of products that guys need but oftentimes don’t want to invest in. Bundle everything in a one-of-a-kind doc kit, adorn with a bow and VOILA! A mature man knows the importance of a good shave & nothing gives him a better experience than when he uses products from Bath & Body Works. Pamper the man in your life with 3 great travel size formulas from C.O Bigelow—clean-rinsing Hair & Body Wash, ultra-refreshing Deodorizing Body Spray and Premium Shave Cream. This gift set gives Dad the perfect amount to try before he buys the full size, so it’s a good introduction for him & easier on the wallet for you.
7. Libraries are great, but nothing beats a new book smell. Other than a car, nothing has as impactful a “new smell” as a book. Available in an infinite number of topics and prices, you can give a single book or a whole library. Plus, book store associates tend to have some knowledge on what’s trending or note-worthy, so ask for recommendations. The robust selection at Barnes & Noble means that whether Dad is an action-junkie, history buff or business leader, you can leave the store confident knowing that Dad will be entertained this Father’s Day. Plus if you pick a book that’s part of a series, you’re setting yourself up for easy gift giving down the line!
8. Introduce new flavors to the Foodie. If Dad is a food critic, turn his particular pallet into an opportunity when you treat him to a chef prepared or home cooked meal. Pair it with some prepackaged edible elements that he’s never been exposed to & you have a recipe for a satisfied stomach. LongHorn Steakhouse boasts a flavorful menu that does not disappoint. Their steaks are hand-cut, hand-seasoned and carefully prepared. The burgers are thick and juicy, and the salads are freshly made. Make your reservation early & go prepared with a custom gift basket from another local favorite, Red Bank Wine. Sending Dad home with a full belly & a cocktail for later will score you big points this Father’s Day!
9. Time for a change. Bling in guy terms translates into a watch and you can help dad don a glam-worthy look with an updated version of this classic piece. Precious metals, leather or customized features make for a gift as spot on as time itself and Dad will be reminded of your generosity every time he take a glance! Fan favorite Reeds Jewelers has everything Dad desires. Browse the entire selection of timepieces and accessories at various price points while getting expert recommendations and the assurance of Reeds’ product service plans.
10. Celebrate his Geekiness. Show your geeky dad how cool he is with a Father’s Day gift that pays tribute to the games, toys, music, technology, and movies that he loves. hhgregg, GameStop, AT&T and Verizon Wireless has all the cool tech gifts for a geeky dad. Don’t get him a weed wacker, that just means more work, let dad relax with a home entertainment device, audio gear, PC upgrade, Xbox, or smart home/phone gadget.
11. Experience matters in jobs and in gifts. From sporting events, to concerts, art showings & more, giving Dad the opportunity to have a one-of-a-kind experience will score you a home run! Painted Mason jars are super trendy and can be used to package and present event tickets. But don’t forget to also give a tiny trinket that can be utilized on the actual day of celebration versus Dad having to wait until the event to enjoy it. The makers at Michaels can help you create a custom keychain, character or scene in the theme of your gift. When dad unwraps the clue, you can have some fun while he guesses what it means and learns what awesome adventure lies ahead for the two of you!
No matter what you opt for, make sure it reflects Dads super special style. Guys might not be into getting expensive greeting cards but they do want to know that they are appreciated. After all, dads are their son’s first superhero and their daughter’s first love, which makes them more than deserving this Father’s Day!