The spring season often brings a craving for lighter fare–and enjoying those meals upon outdoor patios. As the weather warms and Cinco de Mayo draws near, menus often heat up, too. We sat down with some of our Mayfaire chefs to turn restaurant favorites into recipes that will work in your home. Whether stopping by Fox and Hound for Ranchero Chicken Tacos or crafting homemade sangria with limeade from Zoë’s Kitchen, we hope you #MakeItMayfaire and enjoy spring to the fullest!
Recipe contributed by On The Border
2 brown, ripe Haas avocados
1 lime, cut into wedges
Diced onion (Tip from a restaurateur: Always rinse onions, it makes them taste milder!)
1. Split the Haas avocados and remove the core. Scoop the flesh into a bowl. (Williams-Sonoma has several kinds of avocado tools to help!)
2. Add the diced veggies (amount is up to you), salt, and juice from lime wedges to taste.
3. Mix the ingredients until the avocado is about 80% mashed and 20% chunky.
4. If you like, add garlic or sour cream for a bit of extra flavor, to taste.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.
RANCHERO CHICKEN TACOS
Recipe contributed by Fox and Hound
First round ingredients:
2 pounds of chicken, cooked
One 10-oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
Two 8-oz. jars of salsa (choose your favorite)
Half bunch of cilantro
Juice of one lime
Second round ingredients:
Pico de Gallo (can be homemade by combining diced tomatoes, jalapeños, red onion, white onion and green onion, as well as cilantro, cumin, lime juice, and salt and pepper)
Shredded cheese, Mexican blend
1. Place all of the first round ingredients in a Crock Pot on medium heat with water to cover.
2. Stir every 30 minutes; stir roughly so the chicken shreds. When all of the chicken is shredded, it’s done. Reduce the juice to your desired consistency.
3. Grill the corn tortillas and fill them with prepared chicken, pico de gallo, and shredded cheese.
4. Garnish the tacos with fresh cilantro and lime slices.
5. If you like, serve it with tortilla chips and salsa as a side!
Recipe contributed by Zoë’s Kitchen
1 gallon Zoë’s Limeade
1 bottle red wine (choose your favorite)
2-3 cups fresh fruit, such as grapes, strawberries, oranges and apples
1. Use an extra large beverage pitcher, filling it halfway with ice.
2. Pour in the gallon of Zoë’s fresh-squeezed limeade and the bottle of wine.
3. Add the 2-3 cups of fresh fruit.
4. Stir and serve, garnished with additional slices of fresh fruit.
KEY LIME MARGARITA (one serving)
Using mix from Williams-Sonoma
1.25 oz. tequila (choose your favorite!)
1.25 oz. triple sec (or orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
Williams-Sonoma Margarita Mix, Key Lime
Williams-Sonoma Margarita Salt, Classic Pacific Sea Salt
One lime, wedged
*also try Williams-Sonoma Margarita Mix in strawberry, pomegranate-cherry, or mango-passion fruit for a sweeter twist, or Margarita Salt in lime or chili flavors.
1. Use a lime wedge to rim a 12-oz. glass with juice before dipping the rim of the glass in Williams-Sonoma Margarita Salt.
2. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker a quarter of the way with ice. Add tequila and triple sec, plus 4 ounces of Williams-Sonoma Key Lime Margarita Mix. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
4. Strain the contents into the salted glass over the fresh ice.
5. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
For a chance to win a $100 Mayfaire gift card, share a photo of your favorite Mayfaire restaurant dishes or refreshing happy hour cocktails to our contest page with the hashtag #MakeItMayfaire. Share the contest with friends to win bonus entries! Starting April 27th, you have one week to share your food/drink photo–but there are four more weeks of contests and four more gift cards to try for through the month of May! Happy snapping!
story and photos by Bethany Turner